ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: propose oncomplete value for all Tasks...
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 13:40:52 GMT
On 11/6/06, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems ok - with:
> 1) use setNewProperty() instead of setProperty()

A must, as the thread clearly shows property immutability must
be respected here. Also showed me I had chimed in ;-)

> On 11/6/06, Kevin Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:
> > suggestion to add something like it to the tasks.

<javac> "completes" even when it does not compile anything, so
oncomplete is probably not a good name. Yet I don't have a better one
:(

Also, I don't think this is something you can add to all tasks, since
it doesn't make sense for them all, and you can't modify the code of
all tasks to properly implement the expected behavior. <javac> and
need an oncomplete for example. --DD