ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Unit tests results with current head
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 16:11:22 GMT
Hi,

I just built and run the tests of the current SVN head under Windows XP, Cygwin, IBM JDK 1.4.1.

I have these failures/errors :

in the Antunit unit tests :

jar-spi-test_xml

test-simple	Failure	Assertion failed
at line 29 , column 20

it turned out to be some kind of problem of line ending. I did a small change to src/tests/antunit/taskdefs/jar-spi-test.xml
to fix this.

in the JUnit unit tests :

Class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.RmicAdvancedTest
Name	Tests	Errors	Failures	Time(s)	Time Stamp
RmicAdvancedTest	22	1	0	20.719	2006-11-03T15:40:38
Tests
Name	Status	Type	Time(s)
testWlrmic	Error	Error starting WebLogic rmic:

C:\dev\asf\ant-core\src\etc\testcases\taskdefs\rmic\rmic.xml:166: Error starting WebLogic
rmic:
at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.rmic.WLRmic.execute(WLRmic.java:84)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unrecognized option or flag, -vcompat
at weblogic.utils.Getopt2.grok(Getopt2.java:164)

The weblogic error is old. I had it in 1.6 also.

We should check whether these weblogic tasks are not available in a better way in Cargo or
inside Weblogic itself and simply discard them in 1.8.

We should also move the starteam tasks to an antlib or or find another project wanting to
have them so that we sometime reach the situation where an automated process (gump ?) could
build a release candidate of ant legally on an ASF computer.

Regards,

Antoine