ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [antunit] test failures
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 04:14:24 GMT
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Okay--looks like it's because the jars that contain
> the matcher impls aren't added to forked junit.
> Furthermore, as some of you are probably aware, it's
> been this way pretty much ever since the Ant jars were
> broken up.  Looks like Stefan added AntMain to the
> classes to make sure were available for 1.6.0 .

I don't remember the details but I think we needed something from
ant-launcher.jar because of a dependency of some other classes that
get loaded by the forked VM.  So it was not an attempt to get all of
Ant seen by the forked VM but more an attempt to get enough of Ant
seen to work at all.

> I'm not sure what's the best way to address this.  For now I am
> going to default junit.fork to false in AntUnit.

I'd say we explicitly include the required parts of Ant in the
classpath of the forked tests.

Stefan