ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: antunit branch for 1.6.x compatibility
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:13:54 GMT
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, Vladimir Egorov <vegorov@bea.com> wrote:

> TestLogic is an initiative by BEA Systems Inc. Tools team to provide
> an open source testing framework for the enterprise.

[...]

> The project is so far a private project on CodeShare. We are
> planning to open source when we reach some point of maturity

My personal advice would be to go public as soon as you can.  It is
far easier to attract new contributors if the code base isn't too
polished and there are still obvious places to work on.

>> If there is enough interest we could certainly still create a 1.6
>> compatible branch.
>
> From this posting I got a reply from Paul King, who explained that
> similar asserts are being used in WebTest project and that he would
> be interested to learn the outcome of this discussion.

Paul is subscribed here as well, haven't seen him chime in, yet.

It is mostly a question of how much ongoing work it would take when we
add new features to AntUnit.  Which parts of AntUnit would you use?
Only the assertions or the tasks and listeners as well?

Stefan