ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <war> and web.xml
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 04:43:15 GMT
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

>>> 6. When updating an existing war file, if update=false and
>>> needxmlfile=false, then things get complex. The problem here is
>>> that there isnt a webxml file, so stuff from filesets get pulled
>>> in. but dependency logic in the fileset checking engages first.
>> Where do you see a problem?  I'd still see whether we add a web.xml
>> and treat the case similar to (4).
>
> Welll its primarily that we won't warn about there being a web.xml
> file even though one is not asked for, because the task wont even
> see that there is a web.xml file.

We would warn if we added or updated a web.xml file, though.  There
just wouldn't be any warning if the original war contained one and we
don't change it.  I could live with that, even though an explicit
check would certainly be possible as well.

Stefan