ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build Ant on JDK 1.2
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:26:56 GMT
On 10/26/06, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:
> I tried building Ant on JDK 1.2, but it failed because of wrong class
> file version of AntUnit.
>    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
>    * org/apache/ant/antunit/AntUnit (Unsupported major.minor version
> 49.0)
>      lib/optional/ant-antunit-1.0Beta2.jar
>
> After "deleting" the jar the build works
>    build.bat dist-lite compile-tests -nouserlib
>

> Because that is an integral part of our build process (thats why we ship
> a library) the JDK-1.2-policy must be applied to AntUnit - or we upgrade
> to higher JDK ...
> I think Stefan has just forgotten to build AU on JDK 1.2 ;-)

It is more the case that common/build.xml does not
set the source and target attributes of javac in the compile
target, and the magic properties (shudder) ant.build.javac.target and
ant.build.javac.source have not been set when the AU that
is in ANTCORE/lib/optional was built.

> I did a rebuild of AU on JDK 1.2 and retried the Ant build: success

Cool, this means that there is not any > jdk1.2 dependences in antunit.

> Because of svn problems (for some reasons the external relationship from
> AntUnit to common is not resolved) I had copied the antlib-common into
> antunit/common directory and did the build then.
>
> Should I update the ANTCORE/lib/optional/ant-antunit-1.0Beta2.jar with
> that file?

No, I do not think so, let Stefan release the beta2 version of antunit
properly and *then*
update the the ANTCORE/lib/optional/beta jar file.

Peter