ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: references: backwards compatibility
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:52:23 GMT
On 10/17/06, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > what do other people think?
>
> I'm with Steve here.  We need a way to get around broken build files
> of projects you want to build but don't own.
>
> I don't care much whether it is a property (would be in line with
> other things we've introduced) or a command line argument - the later
> would need a way to propagate to <ant> started projects which you
> would get for free for user properties, though.

Ok, I will get my id reference stuff ready.
I do not think that we need a commandline arg or a property, the
only thing that is needed is a warning like DD's

Warning: Reference y has not been set at runtime, but was found during
build file parsing, attempting to resolve. Future versions of Ant may support
referencing ids defined in non-executed targets.

Peter