ant-dev mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Build Ant on JDK 1.2
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:09:10 GMT
>It is more the case that common/build.xml does not set the
>source and target attributes of javac in the compile target,
>and the magic properties (shudder) ant.build.javac.target and
>ant.build.javac.source have not been set when the AU that is
>in ANTCORE/lib/optional was built.

COMMON/build.xml
  <target name="compile" depends="setup">
    <javac
      srcdir="src/main"
      destdir="${build.classes}"
      debug="true"
      />
  </target>

Should we set these attributes like in CORE/build.xml?

  <property name="javac.target" value="1.2"/>
  <property name="javac.source" value="1.2"/>

  <target name="build"
    <javac srcdir="${java.dir}"
      destdir="${build.classes}"
      debug="${debug}"
      deprecation="${deprecation}"
      target="${javac.target}"
      source="${javac.source}"
      optimize="${optimize}">

>> Should I update the ANTCORE/lib/optional/ant-antunit-1.0Beta2.jar
with
>> that file?
>
>No, I do not think so, let Stefan release the beta2 version of
>antunit properly and *then* update the the
>ANTCORE/lib/optional/beta jar file.

Yep - I reminded his announcement just after sending my email ;-)

Jan