ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant.file.{projectname} property
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 04:00:52 GMT
On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think for the moment that we should follow
> matt's idea of not setting ant.file.x if there is
> no name="" in the <project> tag.

Agreed.

> I do not like the use of "as". <import> should be simple
> to use and should "just work".

If we make as optional (which DD suggests), it wouldn't make import
any more difficult to use.  But it would give us more flexibility in
some cases.

> When we implement multi file import, what should "as" be?

What do you mean by multi file import?  A single import task importing
more than one file?  If we want that (do we?), we could use a mapper
to implement the as functionality.

Stefan