ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Egorov" <vego...@bea.com>
Subject FW: antunit branch for 1.6.x compatibility
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:10:02 GMT

From: Vladimir Egorov
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:35 AM
To: 'dev@ant.apache.org'
Subject: antunit branch for 1.6.x compatibility

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 9:06 PM
To: Vladimir Egorov
Subject: Re: FW: antunit branch for 1.6.x compatibility

Hi Vladimir

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Vladimir Egorov <vegorov@bea.com> wrote:

> My email to dev@ant.apache.org bounced (mailbox full).

Please re-send it so that we can have a real discussion on-list.

I've never seen a mailbox full message from any apache list so far,
strange.  Do you still have the bounce message around?

> I wonder if the idea to create antunit branch for ant-1.6.x ever
> materialized?

No, it didn't.  And by now it will probably be pretty hard to do since
we've added a few 1.7 only changes.  In particular AssertTask (which
extends ConditionBase) relies on some core changes like TaskAdapter
not wrapping BuildException in another layer or (build file) location
information being part of ProjectComponent rather then Task.

> What would be the steps to start this effort? We plan to contribute
> if we can get legal clearance.

Let's discuss this on-list.

I'm in the process of preparing AntUnit 1.0Beta2 right now, BTW.

Cheers

Stefan

Here is my original message.

Hi Ant Dev,

We want to use antunit with ant-1.6.5.

In the archives, I found the following message by Stephan Bodewig.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-dev/200511.mbox/%3C87acgnlj
bs.fsf@www.samaflost.de%3E

I wonder if the idea to create antunit branch for ant-1.6.x ever
materialized?

I did not find such branch in SVN (I guess this answers my question).
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/antlibs/antunit

What would be the steps to start this effort? We plan to contribute if
we can get legal clearance.

Regards,

Vladimir Egorov
Tools Team, BEA Systems Inc.