ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy at the Apache incubator
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:26:18 GMT

> Xavier Hanin wrote:

> >> Add me as a mentor, if you want.  So far I didn't volunteer since I
> >> don't think I have enough time to commit, but I'd subscribe to the ivy
> >> lists and have an eye on it anyway ...
> >

> > Great! I've just submitted the proposal to the incubator mailing list,
> so I
> > don't know how to do now to add you to the list. Maybe you can post your
> > intention on the incubator mailing list?
> >

> Presumably I should sub to yet-another-apache-list too, then? Incubator?
> And will there then be a separate ivy one, or is everything done under
> the incubator list first?

As far as I understand the general incubator mailing list is used to submit
the proposal and vote for it. If the proposal is accepted, "we" can setup
the infrastructure with ivy specific mailing lists (as requested in the
proposal). Then the general incubator mailing list won't be useful anymore
for Ivy until we cast a vote for graduation.

But this is only my understanding from what I've read, I'm still far from
being accustomed to Apache process.

Xavier

-steve