ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN head building
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:25:16 GMT
Kevin Jackson wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I've just got the tomcat6 source and was planning to start looking at
> it, but nope didn't know that web.xml is now optional - thanks for
> teaching me something :)

I've been learning these things  by reading the javee specs and engaging
in some discourse with the java ee spec mail list.

Apparently java EE 6 will have extra java annotations for marking up
servlets and the like, so you wont need a web.xml so much. We'll see. Of
course, I tend to deploy in-process with jetty using smartfrog
descriptors, to dont need them at all either, but for different reasons.

-steve