ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Ant, Maven, POMS
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 04:13:15 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Antoine Levy-Lambert <antoine@gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> I wanted to bring the exercise to the point where one can actually
>> build the ant jars with maven.
>>

> Just out of curiousity, why?

I wanted not to supply just skeletal, "fake" poms, but something which
really means a little bit in its project.
Also it is a good opportunity to learn maven on a codebase which I know.
> Stefan

I see some interesting possible developments :

- we could decide to do our releases with maven. The part of uploading
to the java-repository would then be covered in the
best way possible. I suppose maven has something to build the complete
binary and source distributions.

- the maven guys will be able to build ant in continuum if they are
interested,

- we could decide to split the code according to our jar layout and with
the maven directory structure.
my POMS work to some extent but they would be much more simple if we
would do this refactoring
the build using build.xml would also be more simple

Regards,
Antoine