ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Ivy at the Apache incubator
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:46:39 GMT
Hi,

I am going to be the champion and the first mentor for Ivy's incubation
process.
I hope there will be a second mentor, maybe more familiar with
legal/organizational/foundation aspects.

Regards,
Antoine

Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the Ivy project [1], a dependency manager for Java builds, is thinking about its future
and wants to become a true Open Source project [2]. We have been in contact, particularly
with Xavier Hanin, to discuss the possibility of Ivy moving to the ASF.

> The Ivy project has prepared a proposal to join the ASF incubator [3].
>
> The Ant PMC has just voted the following resolution :
> The Ant PMC sponsors Ivy moving to the Apache Incubator.
> If the Ivy community wishes to move Ivy to become an Ant subproject after successful
incubation, and if the ASF board agrees to it, Ant will welcome Ivy as a subproject after
the incubation period.

> The proposal still needs people willing to take the champion and mentor roles at the
incubator in behalf of Ivy. See [4] for a full explanation.