ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject references: backwards compatibility
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:53:42 GMT

My test code broke this am, since the update.

The cause? I was not explicitly depending on something that had needed
run.classpath defined, but the automatic-reference definition stuff had
been letting me get away with a (defective) build file.

I did fix it, but wasted some time before deciding it really was my fault.

1. There are going to be other (old) build files out there with similar
defects.

2. We need a way of turning the old behaviour back on, so that older
buildfiles will still build, even if they are incorrect, and to make it
easy for people to try turning old behaviour on/off to see if that is
the cause (rather than have to dredge up an ant1.6.5 release, which is
what I had to do).

I think some kind of property ant.policy.references.inline or something
could be set to turn on old behaviour

-steve