ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: has ant-contrib broken?
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 12:23:34 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Oct 2006, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I know this is the wrong maillist, but I also know people on ant-dev
>> are on ant-contrib.
>
> ant-contrib has moved to svn and a few changes have been committed and
> most ant-contrib committers are probably not aware of this, sorry.
>
>> Question: who broke my build by requiring ivy on the classpath of my
>> gump run?
>
> It looks as if a new task was added that required Ivy at runtime.
>
> Is there any bigger problem with that than having yet another
> dependency?  I've added the necessary runtime attributes to the Gump
> descriptors of ant-contrib and antbook.

The issue is that loading the antlib, probably using <typedef> is enough
to trigger the problem. in Ivy's antlib.xm they use <taskdef
resource="org/antlib/tasks.properties" /> to pull in the properties
file. Somehow that's enough to force a loading in of the classes
themselves, which raises the problem. That is, the build is failing not
when I use the the new task, but when I typedef the antlib.

-steve