ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: references: backwards compatibility
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:58:58 GMT
> WARNING: reference y has not been set, attempting to resolve
>
>     [echo] y is C:\Documents and Settings\reilly\learning\a\refs\build.xml

I really think we should break BC here, with a good error message.
Keeping the old behavior would re-open the bug about the
not-defined-at-runtime ref being used. The fact that there would now
be a warning is not enough IMHO.

For a first pass, I propose an error message along the lines of:

Error: Reference y has not been set at runtime, but was found during
build file parsing. Ant 1.7 no longer allows referencing ids defined
in non-executed targets.

--DD