ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant.file.{projectname} property
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 19:47:48 GMT
> > > The user's omission of the project> name
> > > implies consent to this.
> > Not quite. [...]
> I still don't see how this conflicts with my
> earlier statement.

Where I disagree is that you assume the imported build writer is the
same as the importer build writer (the user or client in other words).
As a client, I shouldn't have to care whether the project is named or
not, and be able to manipulate and reference the build I import on my
terms, not his terms.

This is why it's still so difficult to write truly generic build
files, despite <import>. Not enough compartimentalization, and mixing
of concerns. --DD