ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant.file.{projectname} property
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 17:54:22 GMT
> > > What to do if you have multiple included projects
> > > without names?
> > Exactly as it does at the moment, silently overwrite
> > ant.file.null
> I think it makes more sense that nameless projects
> just don't get such consideration.  A nameless project
> has its targets imported with their unadorned names,
> and its file and fully-qualified targets are
> unavailable.  The user's omission of the project name
> implies consent to this.

Not quite. I've longed argued, to no avail, that the imported project
names should never have been visible in the first place.  A possible
solution might be to ignore the imported project's name when it's
imported using <import file="a.xml" as="a" />, which sets ant.file.a
in the current build (the qualified target names should also then be
prefixed by a. and not <project name>.)

The ant.file.* properties should never be 'exported' to sub-builds,
and if a sub-build imports "b.xml" as="a", ant.file.a is set to point
to .../b.xml.

--DD