ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: classloader for 1.7
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 13:25:26 GMT
--- Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/13/06, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > As promised, I reworked Peter's task to use
> > ResourceCollection stuff better, made a stupid
> error
> > when writing my tests, and forgot to come back to
> it
> > until now.  The thing works great.  Pasting
> inline...
> > are we still thinking it's possible to put this in
> 1.7
> > ?  Or this thing is self-contained enough that we
> > could make it an antlib.  I hate the thought of
> > fifteen single-task antlibs, but we could create
> an
> > uber-antlib called... giant!  ;)  Thoughts?
> >
> > -Matt

> Pretty cool!
>
> the uber-antlib could be called ant-contrib!,
> I think that this task could belong to ant-contrib,
> along with some of Rainer's other classloader code.

Are you volunteering to put it in ac?

> The task looks nice. It think that the resource and
> reference
> handling code could be extracted into helper
> classes, since
> a lot of tasks could use these - in particular toURL
> and
> resolveRefs

True.  ResourceUtils would probably be the natural
place, and then we would have a single place to add
the check for our HasURL (or whatever name) interface
post 1.7 if I recall the decision correctly on that.

> The signature of toURL(Object o) should be
> toURL(Resource r)
> to show fact that it is used in the context of
> looping over
> resources.

Good point.  I think this was an artifact of an
abandoned tangent while I was reworking.  :)

-Matt