ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Backward compatible problem with resources
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:54:17 GMT
--- Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have run into a bc problem with resources.
> If ant-contrib is compiled with ant1.7, and used
> with
> ant1.6 all the tasks that use Path
> cannot be used:
>
> C:\Documents and
> Settings\reilly\learning\a\for\build.xml:3: Could
> not
> create type antlib:net.sf.antcontrib:for due to
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/tools/ant/types/resources/Union
[SNIP]

Ha!  Call this a "duh" moment on my part.  Don't ask
what I was thinking, since I obviously wasn't.
Anyway, <union> was created by extracting the
"ordered, no-dupes" logic from <path>.  If we just add
most of the <union> code directly back to <path>, we
should be okay, right.  I think <union> also extends
BaseResourceCollectionContainer, but either way
there's nothing we can't simply duplicate in <path>.
I'll see if I can fix it this week.

-Matt