ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ant.file.{projectname} property
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 18:05:57 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:

> projects
> > > Exactly as it does at the moment, silently
> overwrite
> > > ant.file.null
> > I think it makes more sense that nameless projects
> > just don't get such consideration.  A nameless
> project
> > has its targets imported with their unadorned
> names,
> > and its file and fully-qualified targets are
> > unavailable.  The user's omission of the project
> name
> > implies consent to this.
>
> Not quite. I've longed argued, to no avail, that the
> imported project
> names should never have been visible in the first
> place.

I recall.  :)  However, things being what they are, I
think my statement stands.

>  A possible
> solution might be to ignore the imported project's
> name when it's
> imported using <import file="a.xml" as="a" />, which
> sets ant.file.a
> in the current build (the qualified target names
> should also then be
> prefixed by a. and not <project name>.)

I remember this proposal also, and have no problem
with it.  I still don't see how this conflicts with my
earlier statement.

> The ant.file.* properties should never be 'exported'
> to sub-builds,

But it's too late for that decision now, no?  Again, I
have no problem with

<import file="orange.xml" as="apple" />

;)

-Matt