ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: [antunit] doco error WAS @Before/AfterClass analogues
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 15:47:19 GMT
--- Stefan Bodewig <> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Matt Benson
> <> wrote:
> > The AntUnit documentation says:
> >
> > "Each test target is run in a fresh Ant project;
> i.e.
> > each test target has a fresh set of properties and
> > references."
> I think it should better be the way the
> documentation says, even
> though it is currently implemented in a different
> way (because it was
> easier to do and I didn't think about it).

I'm not going to fight on this one; obviously there
are simple and valid reasons to use a new Project

You mention that properties, etc. are low-cost enough
for setup; obviously so.  My concern was actually for
compilation of support classes (e.g. testing <java>);
I would hate to keep compiling and blowing away a
bunch of classes in each setUp/tearDown.  Maybe we
should use before/After[Tests as Peter suggested], and
document that these should be limited to effects that
live beyond the scope of the Project instance (i.e.
FS, DB, etc.)?

> Stefan
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail: