ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r451000 - in /ant/core/trunk/src: main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/ main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/condition/ tests/junit/org/apache/tools/ant/
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:37:16 GMT
On 9/29/06, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/29/06, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Peter said:
> > > In ant 1.8, all conditions will be resolved by using void
> > add(Condition
> > x),
> > > so tasks that want to have nested conditions just need to extend Task
> > and
> > > implement add(Condition x).
> >
> > Wait... how?  With componentdef?
>

> Perhaps, the implementation does not matter,
> the important thing is that the api - add(Condition x) should

Or maybe we could implement a "mixin" method protocol:

void antMixin(ConditionBase x) {
   this.condition = x;
}

This would be usefull for types/tasks that share common attributes but
do not want to use java's single inheratance to get the attributes/nested
elements.
For example the matches condition has regex attributes (singleline,
multiline, casesensitive),
pattern and nested regex. There could be given to a mixin class -
RegexMixin,
this could be shared with other types/tasks.

void antMixin(RegexMixin x) {
   this.regexParams = x;
}

Peter