ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deferring references
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:54:21 GMT
On 9/22/06, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
> [SNIP]
> > I propose that we defer handing id's until the
> > processing
> > stage.
> >
> > The change to do this is very small.
> > [SNIP]
> > I have have played a little with this and everthing
> > seems
> > to work fine.
> >

> I would imagine we couldn't call this change 100%
> guaranteed safe, but if the tests pass then I would
> consider it "safe enough."  This may yield additional
> benefits as well, but to avoid embarrassment if I'm
> wrong I'm not going to say more until I can verify the
> particular one I'm thinking of.  ;)

Two testcases fail:
  src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/delete.xml
This uses a reference to an id defined in a task that
does not get run;

<macrodef name="expectdirsonly">
    <resourcecount when="greater" count="0">
              <fileset id="fs" />
      </resourcecount>
</macrodef>

 <target name="test5" depends="init">
    <delete dir="${dir}" includes="**" />
    <expectdirsonly />
  </target>

  <target name="test7" depends="init">
    <delete>
      <fileset id="fs" dir="${dir}" />
    </delete>
    <expectdirsonly />
  </target>

This is highly confusing and is dependent on the exact
implemention of fileset.

Changing to:
    <resourcecount when="greater" count="0">
              <fileset dir="${dir}" />
      </resourcecount>
works and is *much* easier to understand.

The other failure was:
  src/etc/testcases/taskdefs/exec/apply

    <target name="cleanup">
        <delete>
            <fileset refid="xyz" />

the reference xyz is defined in an "init" target.

   <target name="cleanup" depends="init">
makes this work.

Peter

-Matt