ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OT - Maven woes
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:21:38 GMT
> The example basically does "copy everything from src/main/resources
> with filters". I assume you have images in there too.

No, I just checked, it's a common library that is re-used for
different web-apps, but it doensn't contain any images, but then with
the filtering switched on, all the images based tests break.

> You should setup a separate resource directory for filtering - maybe
> replace the one in the example with src/main/filtered-resources. Or,
> you can add an includes or excludes to the one in the example.

ok, I did as suggested and added a src/main/filter-resources dir and
modified the pom, I'm now getting NullPointerException (s), something
fishy is definately happening with filters/resources:

Battery: com.seanergie.entities.ColorTest
Tests run: 7, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.016 sec

class org.apache.maven.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.testAverage()
Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< FAILURE!

[ stdout ] ---------------------------------------------------------------

[ stderr ] ---------------------------------------------------------------

[ stacktrace ] -----------------------------------------------------------

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils.copy(IOUtils.java:996)
	at org.apache.commons.io.IOUtils.toByteArray(IOUtils.java:217)
	at com.seanergie.persistence.File.getDefaultIcon(File.java:325)
	at com.seanergie.persistence.ImageFileTest.constructTestImageFile(ImageFileTest.java:18)
	at com.seanergie.entities.ColorTest.testAverage(ColorTest.java:61)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.battery.AbstractBattery.executeTestMethod(AbstractBattery.java:124)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.battery.AbstractBattery.executeTestMethods(AbstractBattery.java:70)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.battery.AbstractBattery.execute(AbstractBattery.java:49)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.battery.JUnitBattery.execute(JUnitBattery.java:220)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.executeBattery(Surefire.java:215)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:163)
	at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:87)

> It's 4pm here (Sydney, Australia).

Ok, I'm not keeping you up at some ridiculous hour

Kev