ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r451000 - in /ant/core/trunk/src: main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/ main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/condition/ tests/junit/org/apache/tools/ant/
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 03:31:10 GMT
On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, <peterreilly@apache.org> wrote:

> Make conditionbase a Task.
> ?was there any reason that this was not done for ant 1.6?

When I brought the whole condition eco-system into 1.4, I decided
against extending Task because some of the conditions themselves
extend ConditionBase as well.  When you make ConditionBase extend Task

I also don't think it's a good idea to extend task but not provide an
implementation of execute().

Stefan