ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What should an Antlib distribution look like?
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 17:38:02 GMT
On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Jan Materne <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:
> bin-distro [1]
> * It would be nice to have a readable version of the
> contributors.xml. Can be generated with an xsl like [2].

done.

> * Empty etc/ directory?

fixed (if it is empty, it won't end up in the distribution).

> * I would prefer a manual with an Ant-style: with a navigation on
> the left.  And for screenreader maybe with div-containers, not
> frames.

The TODO list says

,----
| * make docs a little bit more accessible
`----

which can certainly involve "make them prettier".  But let's become
real, there is now way that anything I did would be prettied than what
we have.  Be my guest. ;-)

> * The manual has a mixture of two styles (compare csc and msbuild)

True, will be fixed before the final release.

> * no doap-file

Would we want to distribute it?  I'll add one to svn.

> src-distro [3]
> * no build.xml in root directory?

oops, fixed.

> * POM: no dependency on JUnit + AntUnit for testing

This is intentional, ask Steve.

> What is with "infrastructure" of Ant core like
> - check.xml

would require some work.  Does it make sense to add it to a
distribution?

> - fetch.xml

Not necessary, there is nothing to fetch.

> - patch.xml

We can expect users to have Ant around.  Do we want to ship patch.xml
with every Antlib?

Thanks

        Stefan