ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: suggestion : Ant 1.8 full dist to include a 'scripting lang'
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 05:31:36 GMT
On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Kevin Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:

> As a data point it's important to note that the python re-write
> didn't attract more developers

I think that's because Gump still hasn't managed to prove it's not a
"those Java people" thing.

> - having said that if you wanted apache developers I would have
> thought perl would have been the safer language (given mod_perl et
> al).

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/mod_python/

Our infrastructure people love Python as well, so did a few of the
Java developers around Gump when the re-write was decided.  Today
Python isn't as hip as it used to be, probably due to Ruby.

Stefan