ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: suggestion : Ant 1.8 full dist to include a 'scripting lang'
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 05:53:59 GMT
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Kevin Jackson <> wrote:
> On 9/13/06, Stefan Bodewig <> wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Matt Benson <> wrote:

>> (project :name "Ant" :default "echo"
>>   (target :name "echo"
>>     (echo :message "Hello World")))
>> Tasks would be functions or macros.
> Anyone interested in a CLISP version of Ant?

You'd be surprised how much less lines of code you'd need when
compared to the Java version, really.

I toyed with the idea when I first read Peter Seibel's "Practical
Common Lisp (online here[1], but it's well worth of buying) and even
managed to get something like the above snippet working, actually more

(defparameter *project*
  (project :name "Ant" :default "echo"
    (target :name "echo"
      (echo :message "Hello World"))))
(run-targets *project*)

Will the new BSF release support any Lisp dialect?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message