ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [AntUnit] Is extending ConditionBase really that bad?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 06:02:47 GMT
Hi,

as I stated in another thread, I don't feel bad for extending
ConditionBase but if a majority here would prefer AsserTask to stick
with a simple add(Condition) in a task derived class, I'd be up for it
as well.  I'd only want to see this straightened out before we release
the first AntUnit beta, which is why I'll try drive this to a closure
pretty quickly.

Can we have a little poll here, please:

(1) Would you prefer a version of AssertTask that didn't extend
    ConditionBase?

If so

(2) Would you want AntUnit to silently typedef all existing conditions
    into the AntUnit namespace?  People wouldn't even notice.

    or

    Would you prefer users to explicitly use an antlib to use the
    existing core conditions?

Stefan