ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant log statements being created even when not used
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:13:46 GMT
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/25/06, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Regarding dynamic log level, I think it's reasonnable to have tasks
>> locally cache the current min log level at the beginning of its
>> execute() method, for example.
>
> Caching could be done better at ant core level, it knows when
> listeners are added and removed.

The context are listeners that change the loglevel at runtime.

Apart from Steve's work framework or Cruiscontrol's logger that might
change via a Web-App (does that cahnge really apply to a running Ant
build?)  I think a listener that uses INFO for "normal business" but
DEBUG for a specific task is pretty reasonable.  See <record> for
example.

Stefan