ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r448049 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/resources/URLResource.java
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 05:42:07 GMT
Hi Matt and Antoine,

While looking at your patch Antoine I had a look at the URLResource source
code, and I think it would need some improvement about connection closing:
* your patch only takes care of closing the connection when calling
getSize(), but I think it should be closed whenever it is opened.
* there is another type of URLConnection which needs to be closed:
HttpURLConnection. We had problems with non closed HttpURLConnection in
first versions of Ivy, and a user contributed a simple patch very similar to
the one you have for closing a JarConnection.

Please find attached a patch solving these issues. Feel free to modify
whatever you want or keep only a small part, I don't know Antinternals very
well, so maybe what I've done is not very well designed. I've tried to
compensate with some comments.

BTW this is my first patch to ant, feel free to tell me if I should use
another channel to send it.

Regards,
  Xavier