ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject Re: Resource.getURL()
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:48:46 GMT
Hello Dominique,

Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> getURL() makes sense for FileResource and ZipResource too.
> Yes, but these can be expressed as URLResource just the same. Maybe
> they should in fact derive from URLResource...
I do not agree with you on this. ZipResource and FileResource have the
special semantics of resources which are centered on a root directory or
root resource.
This root is the directory of a fileset, or the whole zip file in case
of ZipResource.

URLResource (s) AFAIK do not have a special "root".

The root or base part of the ZipResource or FileResource change what
happens when a copy is done, or a zip file gets built, ...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message