ant-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache AntUnit 1.0 Beta 1 Released
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:19:50 GMT

Thanks Stefan, comments and a question below.

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:
> [...]
>
>> Does the "Antlib.createAntlib" part look like a violation of what I
>> should be doing from an Ant perspective?
>
> You rely on an internal API - granted, technically it is public - so
> you are in danger.  We try not to break our API, but we are more
> willing to do so than to break the XML level API.
>
>>>From the Groovy user side of view, I'd expect this to be hidden by
> AntBuilder.  Something like
>
> ant.registerAntlib('antlib:org.apache.ant.antunit')

Yes, I'll work on getting that added.

>> Also, I was expecting to have to muck around with namespaces but
>> they just dissappeared from the example at the moment. (Not sure
>> this is a good thing or not.)
>
> I don't think it is, since Antlibs are also a way to solve naming
> conflicts and you loose that abiblity IIUC.

So are you saying it is probably a bad thing that namespaces have
dissappeared? I think so too. From the internal Java API perspective
can anyone point me to what I need to do to register an Antlib dynamically
and retain the namespace? I.e. an alternative to:

Url url = this.getClass().getResource("org/apache/ant/antunit/antlib.xml");
Antlib.createAntlib(getProject(), url, "antlib:org.apache.ant.antunit").execute();

Thanks, Paul.