ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r448049 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types/resources/URLResource.java
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 04:14:50 GMT
Hello,

thanks for the patch, I have submitted parts of it.

What I have submitted is closing the HttpURLConnection in close().

The close method has become synchronised (not sure if it was necessary).

When reading the contentlength, the connection is not closed after
calling isExists(false).

Calling close() after getContentLength() causes problems when running
under JDK 1.5. Not under JDK 1.4.
I did not look in the bugparade of Sun to try to understand why.

So the new version of URLResource does not call close after
getContentLength() and after getLastModified().
Nor after getOutputStream and getInputStream.
Closing after getOutputStream made me fail a test where
http://ant.apache.org is downloaded twice. I do not know why. This time
the problem was under JDK 1.4

Regards,
Antoine