ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: suggestion : Ant 1.8 full dist to include a 'scripting lang'
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:18:01 GMT
Matt Benson wrote:

> Talking about flamebait, I'll toss this out there:  we
> could create our own scripting language... with
> domain-specific slants if/where applicable... this
> would extricate us from any distribution issues, and,
> dare I say it, could be fun if we could find ways to
> make a DSL that is Ant-focused.  ;)

With macrodef and presetdef ant is almost a scripting language already, no?

We could certainly improve script integration with more than today;
don't know about reworking mainstream distributions. As for Java6, thats
a long way from being mainstream. In the 'enterprise', its java ee 5
that's forcing the java5 upgrade, which people feel about ready for (not
my claim, but from JBoss people)

-steve