ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: add an antlib (and optional task) loader to ant 1.7
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:25:00 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
> Sorry for asking for another vote on the Classloader for ant issue,
> but I think that the last vote was very half-hearted in slight support
> of including the (new) classloader task. However, I think that there
> was not enough support. In the meantime, I have
> been looking at Jesse's idea to have a "secondary" classloader
> that is used to load antlibs and optional tasks. I presented an
> initial implemention (see the "classloader for 1.7" subject).

 > Vote:
 >  yes this is a good thing for 1.7 [  ]
 >  no,  let us stabilize 1.7            [  X]

I think right now I'm going to in the no category, though +0 rather than
-1.  This is not because I dont think its a good idea -I think it is
wonderful- but I think the complications of adding it will add lots of
surprises. Most importantly, it becomes really hard to uninvent once it
has shipped.

What we could do is take this as the opportunity to make a working 1.8
branch and put in in there, and post 1.7.0 think about adding it to the
1.7.x branch.