ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant log statements being created even when not used
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 14:40:22 GMT
> To account for long lived listener, we would also need a method on
> project to reset the cache of the current level, which would be
> initialized any time a new listener is added. --DD

The use case for this would be a hypothetical CruiseControl (for
example) listener whose log level could be dynamically changed thru a
web app, in the middle of the running of a long build.

Or a listener whose level changes based on the events it received, to
log at a lower levels a particular target or task for example.

--DD