ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: inline XSLT (and XML in general)
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:18:17 GMT
> how would people feel about having inline XSLT
> in the ant file under the xslt task?

Yes, I thought about this too, but I don't think it's either practical nor easy.

(1) Not practical because XSL stylesheet tend to be rather big. Mixing
more than a minimal XSL with a build file will rapidly become unwieldy
IMHO.

(2) Not easy because XSL makes heavy use of XML namespaces, and this
will (a) either clash with Ant processing of XML NS, or (b) require
the use of a CDATA section of the XSL code, which would be ugly.

Maybe there's an XML NS-aware version of XmlFragment, I don't recall.
Stefan uses it I believe to have in-Ant NAnt builds, or something of
the like, so it might work and prove me wrong on (2), yet (1) remains.

That said, if you feel like doing it, go for it! ;-) --DD