ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject Re: [AntUnit] Is extending ConditionBase really that bad?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 12:35:52 GMT
> (1) Would you prefer a version of AssertTask that didn't extend
>    ConditionBase?

> (2) Would you want AntUnit to silently typedef all existing conditions
>    into the AntUnit namespace?  People wouldn't even notice.

Yes, and no...

Yes, I'd prefer it only had a add(Condition), but doing (2) might
create problems for those that don't like using XML namespaces in
their build file (I believe one can use AntLibs without the NS
prefix). Otherwise it's safe and I like (2) as well. Better to wait
for Peter's <tagdef> post 1.7.

Consider this issue closed Stefan, and congrats for the AntUnit beta
release. --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message