ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restricted types: Re: Location in non-Task tasks
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 23:52:45 GMT
> > > however we can add the @ant.type tags now for documentation?,
> >
> > Sure, provided we settle on a doc tag name, which ideally would match
> > the <*def> we choose. --DD
>

> @ant.type --> <typedef>
> @ant.task --> <taskdef>
> @ant.role  --> <roledef>

Role implies (to me at least) that the name is bound to a given role,
like being a condition or a file selector, which would be explicitly
specified by name (or class name). Since your changes just bind a
name, without an explicit "role", it's not my favorite. I lean toward
<elementdef> or <tagdef> myself, the latter being my preference.

But I'm beyond neat picking here ;-) --DD