ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r439014 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/condition: ConditionBase.java antlib.xml
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:18:52 GMT
> I'm still not sure I understand why inheriting from
> ConditionBase/using TaskAdapter is so terrible,
> especially if we move the location stuff up to
> ProjectComponent as Stefan proposed.  What am I
> missing here?

It's not terrible, but it's not clean IMHO. It complicates the
interface quite a bit when a simple little add(Condition) should be
enough. Which makes me think in reply to Peter's comment about the
added complexity in IH, I tend to prefer adding the complexity once in
the framework, rather than N times in the "user" tasks. --DD