ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r439014 - in /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/condition: ConditionBase.java antlib.xml
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:31:34 GMT
> Surprisingly, DD, who is often more frightened by my
> solutions than Peter, had no comment.  ;)

I thought it was clever and pragmatic. OK, maybe too clever ;-) But it
reminds me of dynamic languages that allow custom handling of missing
methods in classes, which is useful sometimes.

> Peter's suggestion to define as many conditions as we
> can competes with an earlier imperative to add new
> conditions only to the new condition antlib mentioned
> above.

This is also a pragmatic solution, but I like it less somehow.

I don't have a magic solution, but I also strongly agree that we
absolutely need to go away from addTypeOfTheWeek() methods, and solve
the issue ones and for all. Probably too late for Ant 1.7, sure, but
I'd hate to have AntUnit go out with a legacy inheritance to
ConditionBase because we didn't address this issue once and for all.

--DD