ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location in non-Task tasks
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:24:53 GMT
> > > 2) Introduce a <tagdef> or <roledef> for the purpose
> > > of locating extension points as nested elements.

> but I looked at the code and realized that the type
> handling in ant would become too complicated - there

I see your point. Increased complexity is not good. But is it really
that complex? This new mechanism would only kick in when IH would
overwise have rejected a nested element, and only add lookup into a
new mapping when the current type has an add(Type) extension point.

True, their can be tricky cases when a type has both an add(Condition)
and a add(FileSelector), but that should be pretty rare, and could be
thrown out as ambiguous. It could even be resolved using the
undocumented ant:type attribute.

> It would however be nice to get something that
> allows add(Condition) or add(FileSelector) to work
> without having to extend BaseCondition or whatever
> is done for FileSelector .

Precisely. Unless I'm mistaken, this can already be achieved now by
using namespaces, and the condition antlib. So AssertTask could be
made ConditionBase independent now, no?

--DD