ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: antunit integration
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 18:44:52 GMT
> > But I'm more worried about the bootstrapping issue,
>
> This chicken-and-egg issue was discussed before; I am
> unfortunately too lazy to go find it in the archives,
> but the answer was that Ant does not bootstrap antunit
> to run its own tests; rather a built antunit is used
> with Ant in pretty much the same way junit is.  IOW,
> just drop an antunit jar into ant/lib and away we go.
> Acceptable?

Right, I should go look for that thread. I'm midly OK with this only.
Strictly speaking, AntUnit is not required the compile Ant during
bootstrapping, just testing it. I guess if gump is happy with it, why
shouldn't I be...

Although I'm curious to know how this chicken-and-egg thing is resolved in Gump.

Are is that where svn:external comes into play, and AntUnit is
compiled with Ant, joining them at the hip, to avoid the issue
completely? --DD