ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: antunit integration
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:39:59 GMT
> <au:antunit xmlns:au="antlib:org.apache.ant.antunit">
> <fileset dir="${au.tests.dir}"
>           includes="**/*.xml"
>           excludes="**/*-support.xml" />
> <...listener... />
> </au:antunit>
>
> I excluded *-support.xml because I thought there might
> be a need for support xml files (hopefully that was
> obvious), and I selected a straightforward convention.
> What modifications to this strategy do others
> advocate?

I've always used **/test/*Test.class for JUnit tests (because sources
and tests were in the same tree), but I like having the "test" suffix
to positively indicate a test, more than grabbing all .xml files, and
excluding some.

So I'm more in favor of includes="**/*-test.xml" if we go with the
task-test.xml convention rather than TaskTest.xml one.

But I'm more worried about the bootstrapping issue, once AntUnit is
used in Ant itself (which I'm +1 on). Surely AntUnit is dependent on
Ant, and it's in a different hierarchy, so how *can* Ant use it and
bootstrap cleanly from sources? JUnit is an external dependency, but
one that's independent of Ant. --DD