ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r451000 - in /ant/core/trunk/src: main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/ main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/condition/ tests/junit/org/apache/tools/ant/
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:45:53 GMT
Hello Peter,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:44:44 +0100
Von: "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com>
An: "Ant Developers List" <dev@ant.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: svn commit: r451000 - in /ant/core/trunk/src: main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/
main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/condition/ tests/junit/org/apache/tools/ant/
> there are some issues remaining. I cannot find the e-mail,
> but someone was
> talking about needing to do some work-arounds for <condition> in
> processing tasks in a nested sequential,
it would be interesting to find out which problem this was exactly

Was the email you are talking about the one from Alexey Solofnenko saying we cannot macrodef
a condition ?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=115928696418366&w=2

You suggested to add an elements tag to macrodef. This seems cleaner than to say that condition
are tasks and are allowed in the sequential element.

> also a reference to a <condition> returns a TaskAdapter and not
> Condition:
>
>      TaskAdapter ta = (TaskAdapter) getProject().getReference("cond");
>      ConditionTask c = (ConditionTask) ta.getProxy();

Why does a reference to a condition return a taskadapter ? This sounds like a bug. Where is
the faulty piece of code ? Was it like that already in Ant 1.6 ?

> As there is not much benefit for the change, I can roll-back the change.

May be

> Peter

Antoine