ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Roles [WAS:Re: Restricted types: Re: Location in non-Task tasks]
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 15:27:32 GMT
--- Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I did not see the changes. But in principle I
> agree with Dominique
> > that a roledef should have 3 attributes :
> > name, role, classname
>
> Just to clarify, I like the way Peter implemented it
> (binding a class
> to a name, without specifying what "role"s this
> class should play).
> But the term "role" also implies to me a (name,
> role, classname)
> tupple, which is why I'd prefer not using <roledef>,
> that's all.
>
> Last night I thought that <componentdef>, although
> longuish, might be
> a better term than <elementdef> or <tagdef>. --DD

<componentdef> is okay, given ComponentHelper, etc.
But agreed, long.  What about <def>?  Am I correct in
assuming we'd have, with whatever name:

<xxx name="and"
classname="oata.taskdefs.condition.And" />

<xxx name="and"
classname="oata.types.selectors.AndSelector" />

?

Then what about <adaptdef> or <flexdef>?

-Matt