ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re: suggestion : Ant 1.8 full dist to include a 'scripting lang'
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:08:58 GMT
--- Kevin Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Personally I think we should at least consider
> including a 'script'
> > > language with the full dist (starting from 1.8)
> so that scriptdef
> > > isn't a lame duck out of the box.
> >
> > Biggest problem might be that the language needs
> to be license
> > compatible.
>
> Yes I can see this as a problem - sorry didn't
> consider it before.

Talking about flamebait, I'll toss this out there:  we
could create our own scripting language... with
domain-specific slants if/where applicable... this
would extricate us from any distribution issues, and,
dare I say it, could be fun if we could find ways to
make a DSL that is Ant-focused.  ;)

-Matt

[SNIP]